Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 24, 2009
New York, NY

Happy Chinese New Year! I have to say, I don't remember ever celebrating this holiday so thoroughly before. Not since the year of my birth came around last ... Long live the Year of the Bunny! It may have to do with my current extreme proximity to Chinatown, or the seemingly eternal desire of my friends to eat Chinese food this week. Particularly adventurous was my trip to Fuleen, a famous seafood resto in the deep labyrynthian vortex of Chinatown Manhattan (where streets have no name ... and make no sense.) A fish in a tank fell in love with me. There is photographic evidence. Then I ate some of the most delicious seafood I've ever tasted. Deep fry it and put it in my mouth! Tonight, to celebrate even further I'll be heading over to DUMBO for the Shanghai Mermaid Chinese New Year party. But not before I have dinner with my new manager and hit the M83 show at the Fillmore. I have on my celebratory red = luck New Year's gown and hope I can wear these shoes for the next 12 hours ... I guess we'll find out. x

 

Happy Chinese New Year... at Shanghai Mermaid
More NYC photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment