Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5, 2011 
Dalkeith, ON

Bonsoir from drizzly fireside Farm Heaven. I've been up here in the wood smoke and rain for the last few days, enjoying the country quiet and working with Lyndell Montgomery a.k.a. Captain Dirt on a new studio project! We've been recording with the amazing Terry Gillespie in his beautiful countryside studio. Amongst the dairy cows and spring lambs, we rock. Put some Sweetlandish guitar on 6 tracks, mostly Lyndell's tunes, and recorded a couple sweet new instrumentals!

This evening I've just returned home from a Cinco de Mayo celebration at local, delicious Beau's All Natural Brewing Co. Enjoyed some fantastic agave beer prepared specially for the occasion, but had to leave before they smashed the poor piñata. Mmmm. Candy.

While not recording I've been very busy relaxing beside the wood stove. It's been cooold here. That kind of damp cold that gets inside you and no amount of warm, fashionable clothing can cure. The only answer seems to be extreme proximity to fire, whiskey and a warm snuggly kitten (in this case, I'm borrowing Lyndell's.)

Tomorrow I may venture into Montréal in search of adventure and a good manicure. Or I may just take the day to wander aimlessly through the wet woods. As come Saturday, it's back to the big city again.  I had exciting plans to go see Jordi Savall on Sunday afternoon, possibly my favourite classical musician of all time! However, just got word that the concert has been rescheduled due to injury. Hope he's healing well, but nooo! I was so looking forward to the show. I guess I'll be looking forward to it in March, 2012 as well ... Can you believe it's really almost 2012?

So I shall keep you posted on my coming, goings and grandes aventures. This time home will only last for three days, a birthday, a dentist appointment and some epic van cleaning. Then it's back out into the world again. This time, I point Southward! By this time next week I'll be kickin' it in Carolina. Yeah, baby.

x
K

My boots, teaching the rhubarb how to be red.
More spring photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment