Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1, 2011
Toronto, ON

May Day May Day! Happy Beltane (as it's called in ye olden Celtic tradition.) I'm resposing on my couch after a lovely, wet and delicious evening. I had my ladies over tonight to celebrate said ancient holiday in style. There were flowers and feasting, a May Queen or two and of course, a Maypole fashioned from an old cedar trunk I found up in Grey County. But that, gentle readers, is another story in which once again, a man with a can of beer and a chainsaw saves the day.

It's been quite an amazing week in Sweetland. I've been getting lots accomplished, going to my dance classes and plotting the glory of the coming summer months. Friday night I played a show up at The Flying Chestnut Kitchen in beautiful Eugenia, ON. A place I had never been. Quel aventure! The show was great fun, and the restaurant soooo incredibly delicious. Many thanks to my old pal Charlie Glasspool for inviting me, and Chef Shawn Adler for the fantastic company, (and the best midnight grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had.) Not to mention the first bonfire of the season! I took some cool photos on my drive up that I'll post here as soon as I have time to upload them.

Tomorrow I'll be packing my bags and all my gear into Ruby the Van and driving East into the sunrise ... Going up to Farm Heaven for a week of writing and recording with musical partner-in-crime Captain Dirt. Expect mysterious farm photos and exciting country tales coming soon!

Honey bees and daisies,

x
K

 More spring photos here!

No comments:

Post a Comment