Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011
Montreat, NC

O glorious day on the side of a Carolina mountain! I've been up in beautiful Montreat all weekend for the 4th annual South East Regional Folk Alliance conference. Left rainy Toronto last week with my army of small red bags, one girl, two guitars, three hats, four wheels, five jackets, six pairs of shoes, seven heavens, eight destinations and nine lives ... After a few days stuck in London, ON with Ruby the Van in the shop, I high-tailed it straight to Asheville, NC stopping briefly in Kentucky for a burrito. And some bluegrass bourbon dreams.

Montreat is so magical I feel like I'm in a fairy tale. The name was originally shortened from "Mountain Retreat" and retreating I have been, indeed. Don't think I've ever felt so relaxed at music conference. There has been much civilized schmoozing, guitar pickin', and napping in the cool breeze of my open-windowed princess chamber. Upon my arrival I had a sunny repose on the shores of Lake Susan, felt something, and looked down to find a swan nibbling on my red suede toe. I couldn't tell if he wanted to marry me, or murder me. And I may very well never know.

I'm here in folk fairyland till tomorrow, then just a hop, skip and jump to the home of my infamous BFF, Jenny. There will be much girlish giggles, shopping trips and Chinese food eaten before I cruise down the Interstate to Savannah, GA later on this week. I will surely report soon, and until then, je fais les aventures!

x
K

Making trouble wherever we go... Obviously!

No comments:

Post a Comment