Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10, 2011 
Toronto, ON

Happy birthday to me! I'm home at quite a reasonable hour for a birthday girl after a fantastic day and night of celebrating. My ladies and I went out for an amazing dinner at my favourite Toronto restaurant, Julie's Cuban! It's romantic and delicious, and the corn fritters are simply to die for. Afterwards we headed over to the TRANZAC for brilliant pal Jonathan Byrd's CD release show. Incredible performance. Beautiful people. Two subways and a streetcar later, I'm home on my magnificent couch snuggling up with tonight's new episode of Glee. And just for the record, Jesse St. James is a babe. I know I always like the bad boys ... but I think Rachel should really give him another chance.

And sadly, no new birthday photos from my eternal Adventures in Sweetland to share with you! My camera fell to its tragic death from a spiral squash tower in Captain Dirt's Dirty Garden. However, we did plant carrots, beans, tomatoes, cucumber, squash and calendula! And I got very familiar with a shovel, a rake and a hoe. It's a long row to hoe, baby. But somebody's gotta do it.

Two more days back in the big city and then I'm outta here! America, I hope you're ready. Because here I come...

xo
Sweetypie

No comments:

Post a Comment