Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27, 2010 
Toronto, ON

Home Sweetland Home. So happy to be back in the hood! No festivals this weekend. It's my mom's birthday so my folks are coming to town. Taking them to Julie's Cuban Restaurant tonight, my favourite little hidden romantic dinner spot. Peppery corn fritters with sour cream and spicy Sangria! Just sayin'. Will need to go for a run after dinner avec poodle ... to be sure.

I've so been enjoying the glory of my Toronto Corktown neighbourhood lately. Many strange alleyways and mysterious paths to plunder. I also happen to live across the street from Toronto's oldest surviving church. Which is so cool. Unless it's Sunday morning after a night of too much wine ... Ding dang dong. There are weddings every weekend right outside my window! I secretly like it. Watched the wedding party exit the church today with the cheering and the bubbles and the chartreuse bridesmaid dresses and the '57 Chevy "Just Married" escape car. All from my lofty perch. I was too far away to catch the bouquet, alas. But better luck next time ...


Somewhere above the Don River ...
More photos from my Tdot hood here!

No comments:

Post a Comment