Friday, August 13, 2010

August 13, 2010 
Thunder Bay, ON

Good morning from the North Shore ... or the North Coast, as I've been calling it. I don't know why but I always end up having the best damn time in Thunder Bay.  Much credit goes to my beautiful host Jen Metcalfe and her magical oasis of a home. Played a Yarden concert here on Wednesday night, which turned into a house concert, by the grace of buckets o' water falling from the sky.  The lovely Annabelle Chvostek showed up just in time and we got in a great jam and spontaneous rehearsal for this weekend's Trout Forest Music Festival up in Ear Falls! Yesterday morning was all about Finnish Pancakes in our pancake holes at The Hoito. Obviously. Today I pack up, pedicure, buy beer and bid adieu to my internet connection for a while. Heading for the woods, where the music will be fine, the men handsome and the mosquitos kind (here's hoping.) Will report on Monday with tall tales, and photographic evidence.

Till then,

x
K

No comments:

Post a Comment