Sunday, June 1, 2008

June 1, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

My goodness was it ever a late one last night! I had the best time ever performing in the simply magical Shanghai Mermaid speakeasy cabaret show in Brooklyn. Aesthetic goddess Juliette Campbell along with her partners in crime Tanya and Josh put on, literally, the best party I've ever been to in my life. This time it was held in the Red Hook neighbourhood in Brooklyn's oldest firehall - currently a metalwork studio called Hyde. I cannot say enough for the sheer glory of the event and can't wait to return for another show soon as possible!

My time in NYC has been truly amazing and everyday has been an adventure. I never want to leave, but alas. Played some great shows, did a LOT of walking and met loads of crazy interesting people. Will write more about all my various exploits later, but now it's time to sleep as the road will be calling me northwards in the morning. Adieu sweet Brooklyn and see you soon. x

And P.S. peek at my NYC photos here!



In the aftermath with Shanghai Mermaid
masterminds Tanya and Juliette

No comments:

Post a Comment