Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 24, 2008
Tullins, France

Bonjour à tous from "la porte des Alpes" !

It is so incredibly beautiful here, I am revelling in my good luck at getting hired to play in such a place! Scenery aside, I'm slowly recovering from a torturous night of no sleep on the plane ... A night of no sleep followed by an immediate interview and performance on French television! In French! Got to visit the beautiful grounds of the Tullins Mairie (city hall) for the interview and see all the lovely ducks swimming on the beautiful pond. Reminds me of the one french song I remember from my childhood called V'la le bon vent ..."Derrière chez nous y'a un étang -Derrière chez nous y'a un étang - Trois beaux canards s'en vont baignant ..." Sadly, it ended badly for at least one duck.

Tonight I have a concert in the beautiful little town of Voiron at Yvann's Musique. This will be my first ever performance en Francais! Wish me luck! More later.

xo
         K


Moon over the Alps ... more photos


No comments:

Post a Comment