Saturday, April 22, 2006

April 22, 2006
East Lansing, MI

Hanging out in my super-sweet hotel suite after playing an afternoon gig at the Creole Gallery for Ladyfest Lansing. It was a crazy day in downtown Lansing as the streets were all blocked off and closed due to some serious protests and scary rallies goin' down... It was like a total ghost town in the middle of a gorgeous spring Saturday. Very strange. My parents came to town for the weekend to see me and visit my dad's old scholarly haunts at Michigan Sate University. A serious honourable mention for the most fun I had in Lansing goes to James Keelaghan who happened to be playing a gig for the Ten Pound Fiddle Coffeehouse the night before my show. He had me up for a spontaneous rendition of Battle Hymn with him and bassist Hugh McMillan. The show was amazing. James rules. So much fun. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment