Saturday, April 1, 2006

April 1, 2006
Zihuatanejo, Mexico

I have been in Mexico for a week performing at the Zihuatanejo International Guitar Festival. Am having the most fascinating adventure. The festival is AMAZING and I can't believe the incredible talent of all my fellow performers. I had not met or heard any of them before I arrived in Zihua and have been absolutely blown away. Just to name a few, check out Jocelyn Celaya (kicks unbelievable ass with her "Radical Classical" performatory glory), David Feder (incredible, incredible) Ricardo Sweatt Rodriguez (magical acoustic fusion) Michael Kent Smith (musician/artist extraordinaire) and Lee Barbour (sweet sweet jazz.) Not to mention everyone else... Mexico is so beautiful and the people here are just lovely. I have been minorly suffering with heat-stroke and a mild bout of foreign-country-itis (translation: my body hates food.) But have been enjoying lotsa fresh coconut juice (chop the top off a coconut and stick a straw in it-style...) and have been doing much lazy pina-colada beach lounging. The ocean is perfect temperature for floating.... Mmmmmm happy girl.



The view from here... more photos




No comments:

Post a Comment