Sunday, April 16, 2006

April 16, 2006
Gid Brown Hollow, VA
 
In Virginia briefly to pay my final respects to my best friend Jenny's little 317 year old cabin in the holler. In February she married singer-songwriter Chuck Brodsky and now they're gonna find themselves a little dream home somewhere in North Carolina. Adieu Virginia, Bonjour Asheville. Sweet! I will miss it here, but I look forward to visiting them down in that gorgeous place. Had a superb Easter dinner tonight at the home of Paul Reisler and Julie Portman, two of my most beloved performatory and musical mentors. Food was delish. How I have grown to love Virginia -and the amazing people here- since i started visiting Rappahannock County 5 years ago. So so so so unfathomably beautiful. I will always come back here, forever.


Adieu, Adieu Virginia... (for now) more photos


No comments:

Post a Comment