Monday, October 18, 2004

October 18, 2004
Edmonton, AB

Greetings from snowy and seriously brrrrr Edmonton. Have been here for a couple days visiting with the amazing Mr. Bill Bourne. Bill's been giving me some Flamenco guitar lessons (lucky me) and I've been struggling desperately to wrap my brain (and fingers) around the crazy rhythms and such.... It's going to take me a while but I am DETERMINED to learn! Besides the painful negative temperatures I have been thoroughly enjoying my adventures through the Canadian prairies. Driving has been good, but my gosh it is SUCH a long country, isn't it? Had a truly incredible gig the other night in Calgary with amazing Wailin' Jenny's. They were so good I cried all the way through their second set. It was a very magical evening and I can't wait to cross paths with those fabulous women again, soon. I'm here in Edmonton for another day or so- enough time to get my hair chopped and dyed darrrrk ( in honour of the dark half of the year.) Then off though the mountains to the coast I go... Other Ocean, here I come.

xoxo,
Lady of ye Frozen Road



No comments:

Post a Comment