Friday, February 8, 2013

February 8, 2013
Toronto, ON

Salut from under a scintillating snow blanket ... I reckon that most of you in Eastern North America know what I mean. I've just returned from a wee tromp out in the wilds of the urban arctic, and am once again curled up with my new best friend - the hot water bottle.

The snow storm gave me crazy dreams last night. Zombie apocalypse, anyone? Seriously. Then I was baptizing a baby (not mine) all St-John-in-the-river-like, but in an Amsterdam canal. That was followed by a dream of wandering through an old mansion, where everything in every single room was the colour red: Red wallpaper, red furniture, red glitter fireplace. I suppose it was an unconscious response to all the Valentine's bling of late. But I cannot tell a lie. I would totally live in a monochromatic Valentine's glitter mansion. Obviously.

And speaking of Valentine's bling, I'm so very excited for our upcoming Ladies In Waiting "Lovesick" album release this Tuesday, Feb 12 at Lula Lounge in Toronto. I feel truly blessed to be a part of this amazing collective of vibrant and insanely talented Toronto female musicians. Performers include Scarlett Jane, Andrea Ramolo, Cindy Doire, Sarah Burton, Melanie Brûlée, Tricia Foster, Yours Sweetlandishly, an ode to currently-touring-overseas Lady in Waiting, Faye Blais, and burlesque performances by members of Love Letters Cabaret. Also be excited for our kissing booth, and polaroids with pinup doll Pastel Supernova.

Get your advance tickets here, and have a peek at our gorgeous new Ladies In Waiting website

Also, be highly entertained by my latest masterpiece video "Lovesick - A Sweetlandish Melodrama." (And darn that heartbreaker, Remington Steele.)

In other news, we are getting close to being finished the new Captain Dirt & The Skirt album, at last! It has been a long and incredibly enjoyable process for us, and we can't wait to share it with you. Just had a superfun album cover photo shoot with amazing photographer Kevin Kelly the other day. I will not blow any of our secrets, but you simply cannot wait to see!

As for my own photography, you'll find all the latest photos from my eternal Adventures in Sweetland here.

I bid you aurevoir for now, but be expecting my Sweetlandish treatise on love, dark matter, and other such ponderables before aforementioned day of crimson bling.

Snowkisses,

xo
LadySweet



Hope to see you at the show!

Photo by Jen Squires. Design by Faye Blais.

No comments:

Post a Comment