Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16, 2013
Toronto, ON

Good morning my pets,

Hope you all had a delightful and love-drenched Valentine's Day. I spent mine in the reclining position eating gluten-free pizza and watching Psycho. I'm romantic like that. There was some serious R&R required after the glory of the past week ... So much goodness went down with my beautiful Ladies In Waiting, but it wasn't sans effect on my deep sleep reservoir.

Our "Lovesick" show at Lula Lounge was a brilliant success. We sold out and packed the house! Everybody rocked so hard, and I just can't wait for our next adventure. Whatever that shall be. I will certainly keep you posted.

Next on my list is the great Folk Alliance International conference, which has been so kind as to come visit me in Toronto this year. I'll be co-hosting a showcase room for four nights in a row with my dear Little Red Hen Music pals - road sisters and co-conspirators Darlene (darlenYa) and Jan Bell.  It will be a grand old reunion with all my musical family, old and new. I feel a little verklempt already just thinking about it.

My agenda for aujourd'hui includes a snow-dusted stroll to the St. Lawrence Farmers Market, and a hot and frothy almond milk latté. How exciting. Tonight I'll be heading out to the Cadillac Lounge to see my dear pal Andy White play. You should probably come too. Come find me in a dark corner, and buy me a whiskey.

See you there,

xo
Kristin
See you at the FAI Conference, Feb 20-24
at the Delta Chelsea Hotel in Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment