Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 11, 2012
Farm Heaven, ON

It's one of those rainy afternoons in the old farm house. The kind where you're stuck inside with the cat and start looking for a hidden room to explore... I've crawled inside the old wardrobe in my bedroom, in hopes it may open up to another world. Somewhere beyond these boots and bunny fur coats there surely lies a secret passageway to Sweetland. I've been up in Farm Heaven for the past week, resting, healing, practicing, studying, and engaging in highly attractive farm chores. Captain Dirt, my partner in musical crime, has been putting me to shame with her gardening prowess. But I do a great job of holding the umbrella and taking photographs. At the same time! Mostly, however, I just wander about the garden and contemplate my life. Me and the farm flies, the bumblebees, the blue jays, the blackbirds, and all the little butterflies. My favourite is the ruby-throated hummingbird who always comes to visit. Today I wore fuchsia so she'd think I was a flower. It worked.

Beyond the glorious world outdoors, there has been much action inside in the band room. I've been diligently rehearsing two of Lyndell's gorgeous hymns for our new instrumental album! I'm back in the studio next week to record them, as well as a couple pieces of my own from a Sweetlandish suite I've been composing. The Adventures of Captain Dirt & The Skirt... coming soon!

Tonight, pesto-making and picture-taking! Tomorrow, all roads lead to Toronto... Where I will once again be a dame-de-ville.

xo
Lady Sweet

Farm chores are hot... More photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment