Monday, June 20, 2011

June 30, 2011 
Toronto, ON

There's no place like home. I returned to the big city a short while back, with tales to tell in spades. When last we spoke I was packing up my little red van on the streets of downtown Brooklyn... Since then I've made midnight pilgrimages to sacred lands of my youth, sought out beautiful bays where I once cast my heart, cavorted with handsome sailors upon ancient yachts, and made the grand journey home to my sweet Sweetlandish bed. Now I confess, gentle readers, there is more to my story that I may one day tell... But for now it shall remain a mystery.

And as for today, quelle belle journée! It was the perfect temperature in downtown Toronto. Warm, with a lake breeze, just swift enough that one must hold onto their sun hat while strolling. Not to mention the distinct aroma of sugar in the air, drifting over from the Redpath factory on the lakeshore. Strangely delicious, and slightly creepy. This afternoon I did some adventurous cooking, purified my entire premises (aurevoir bunnies of dust!) And then wandered over to the St. Lawrence Market, all in the name of cheese. Now I'm here at my writing desk, observing my daily ritual: Ponder intently whatever I may be composing while gazing at the beautiful church across the street (right now all glowy in the sleepy sun.) And I feel grateful.

I've been doing a lot of writing lately here at my perch, and for that I am grateful as well. Have a couple exciting projects on the go, so stay tuned for more details! Tomorrow I head up Georgian Bay-way to play a Sauble Beach Canada Day house concert. Sweeet. There will most certainly be fireworks.

Happy Canada!

xo
Sweetland

P.S. The last of the photos from my Southern tour are now posted here!


 Back in the big city, baby ... More summer shots here!

No comments:

Post a Comment