Friday, April 15, 2011

April 15, 2011 
London, ON

Bonsoir from the depths of my deep dark chambers. I've left the big city for a good spell in the name of the Sweetlandish suburbia of my youth ... My mom just got out of the hospital after bravely undergoing a full knee replacement. She's doing really well and I'm so inspired by her strength and brilliant attitude. My job right now is fetcher of snacks, walker of dog, freezer of ice packs, and cleaner of my childhood room (the aforesaid deep dark chambers.)

Besides many long walks along dark, creepy hospital corridors I've been spending most of my time out of doors soaking in the spring sunshine. Ursa the family beast and I have been hauling it through the forest every day and I am blowing out the winter ghosts from every last molecule of my being!

Tonight, after the very victorious Operation Dustbunny, I've settled into a pillow pile with a glass of whisky and a stack of my old diaries. I play this little game with myself every once in a while called "this day in history." Here I go back and read old journal entries from the current date in any/all previous years. Always highly entertaining. Right now I'm back in April 2000, writing screenplays, making wishes and plotting my illustrious future... 

And the rest, gentle readers, is still a secret.

xo

La Sweet

P.S. New mysterious photographs from my eternal Adventures in Sweetland here!


Les aventures avec beast! More spring photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment