Saturday, May 14, 2005

May 14, 2005
Paris

I am the happiest girl in the world- well, now that I'm here. My supposed high-speed 4 hour train ride from Amsterdam to Paris ended up taking 8 hours due to a railway strike in Belgium. They held our train for 2 hours in Antwerp and then we were additionally late cause they couldn't find the conductor! But alas, I made it and it was worth every single torturous stranded minute. I found the most fabulous restaurant on La Rue des Francs-Bourgeois close to my hotel in the Marais and I am addicted! It's called Le Potager du Marais, all organic gourmet Vegetarian food and wine. I had a to die for organic Bordeaux . Can't wait to go back... Tomorrow I must go museum-ing like a good little tourist, the Cluny Museum of the Middle Ages being at the top of my list. Mmmm gorgeous Unicorn tapestries. Other than that it's follow-my-intuition adventuring... we'll see what happens. Adieu for now! La K



Paris Candlelight... more from my Europe self-portrait series
here



No comments:

Post a Comment