Sunday, October 26, 2008

October 26, 2008
Ottawa, ON


Allo bonjour from Capital City! I've been held up here in the Crowne Plaza Hotel for what seems like an age ... so thoroughly enjoying the company of my peers at the Ontario Council of Folk Festivals conference. For those of you who've never been to such an event, imagine an entire hotel crawling with mad folkies up all night playing music in every last nook and stairwell. Thanks so much to Fumiko Maehara and Petrie Dish, Leah Morise and her Powder Room, and Luther Wright, Jenny Whiteley and the Hootenanny for having me over to showcase! I took to calling the Saturday night Gala dinner the "folk prom" and got to bust out my new prom dress for the occasion ... (Cryptic stairwell dress photo here.) Thanks to all responsible for making this year's OCFF possibly the funnest ever. I'm still glowing from the love and feel so blessed to be a part of this incredible community.

Next, I'm headed back to the country for some recuperation time and a wee bit of writing hibernation. Then it's down to Toronto for Halloween! Good times are ahead and I will surely keep you all posted.

xxx
Moi


Has anyone seen a sousaphone? (more Ottawa photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment