Monday, March 17, 2008

March 17, 2008
Austin, TX

Happy St. Paddy's, with late night love from this Austin motel just off I-35. Had a great night with Andy White and his fine band rockin' it Irish core at Opal Divine's tonight. Played a couple shows with the dashing Mr. White over the past two days, both as opener and back up singin' hammertone mama. SO MUCH FUN. I want to do this forever . . . goddess deliver me a band! I have to say I am in love with Austin. SXSW was a blast. It was certainly an assault on the senses from all directions and I had to take it easy to avoid exhaustion overload. However, I am so glad I made the pilgramage to Texas. It was worth every second of that long drive. Didn't actually see that many bands this weekend though, but an honourable mention goes to Laura Stark whose haunting vocals and sultry sexiness sucked me in at the "Invasion of the GoGirls" night @ Trophy's. Also, to the BoDeans (who I loved so as a teenager!) who rocked Bourbon Rocks and brought me back to my youth in all it's nostalgic sweetness. Still my beating heart, boys. Yum. Although, I must confess I get an F in photography this trip and have very few snapshots as evidence of my exploits. You will just have to take my word for it. Except this one below... live from an Austin alleyway . . . Am sporting my new love-at-first-sight purchase: a leather shawl from Blackmail, courtesy of brilliant Austin designer Gail Chovan. There will be more photos of said fashionable item shortly, I am sure. Till then nighty-night as the sounds of the wailing trucks fade and my head slowly descends to the pillow. x




With Andy White @ Momo's, Austin TX
(Photo by Pete Harris for Indie Sounds NY) 


No comments:

Post a Comment