Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 14, 2007
New York City

Have been in NYC for a couple days on self-enforced vacation. Been totally off the technological radar and it feels amazing. I've been staying with a good friend from high school on the Lower East Side and am headin' to Brooklyn to see my Little Red Hen Music compadre and brilliant songstress Jan Bell for a spell. Have a gig tonight @ the 68 Jay St. bar in DUMBO and I'm looking forward to it immensely. In other fun tourist news, I went to the Met yesterday and wandered around with my jaw dropped for about 4 hours. Was so thoroughly entranced by the ancient Egyptian everything and couldn't get enough! Am currently on book 13 of the Amelia Peabody mystery series (majorly entertaining brain-candy set in Victorian Egypt) and had so much fun figuring out what all the things they talk about in the book look like in real life. Stood and contemplated the huge medieval armour exhibit for a long while too... so crazy imagining someone inside all that metal -- who were they and what was their life like? Hmmmmm. Then I had to go on a bit of a shopping mission. Operation new gorgeous warm outfit. I have to say I'm not so into this whole oversized shapeless knits phenomenon that's going on this season in the fashion world.... Didn't find anything I love yet, but will certainly not quit trying. I heart NYC. A lot. 



Amelia Peabody would be proud.
(more NYC photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment