Tuesday, August 7, 2001

August 7th, 2001
London, Ontario 

HOLY HOT DAMN. it was a lovely 106 degrees on Esmeralda the van's thermometer the whole way home from Rhode Island. Poor Ezzie's air-conditioning busted 'cause she just couldn't take it anymore. It wouldn't have been so bad but for the New York City bad-ass traffic jams and having to leave my poor guitar in the car... Spent hours running around the Bronx Toys R Us trying to cool off. And then, in the parking lot, the whole side door of the van just fell off. Oops. Almost died but at least I got a wicked new sword and knight helmet and a Harry Potter lunchbox out of it. Had an amazing time in Newport. The folk fest was a blast and I got to meet Emmylou Harris and her beautiful doggy Bonaparte. Very amazing. I am hoping to head back to the ocean soon. When I close my eyes I hear fog horns and I want the bogs of New England to eat me. (They like me 'cause I taste like raspberries.) I am going on a journey to find the house I will hide in all winter and write... Who knows where it will be. (I just hope there's a good Thai restaurant nearby.)



No comments:

Post a Comment