Friday, January 20, 2012

January 19, 2012 
Dalkeith, ON

Well it sure is winter here in Farm Heaven. The winter we, in the big city, thought might never come... I found it. It was at the end of a long road, down a dirt road, all along. And I was pleased to find it quite happy to see me. With that particular brand of bitter cold that freezes your nosehairs, seizes your lungs, and illuminates a sky bursting with stars. Crystal clear. Like no other time of year.

That being said, I have not strayed far from the wood stove. Just perhaps to turn on my amp and put the kettle on. Cup of tea, and kitten on loan from Captain Dirt complete the picture. All with a rock 'n' roll soundtrack. Like seriously. The Captain and I have have been plugging in, and turning way up. Good thing we have no neighbours here in Farm Heaven.

It's actually good it's been far too cold to frolic out of doors for long. Or I'd go out on Operation Snowshoe, taking strange photos, and chasing strange animals, all the livelong day. This way I stay home and focused on all the things I want to create before I leave. There are new tunes and grand plans in spades! And not just musical, also photographic. I've been playing with my brand new studio lights. I know, très fancy. For Ms. camera in the back pocket climbing a tree, it's a whole new world, baby.  Give me a little time to figure it out, then call me if you want your Sweetlandish portrait taken...

Time to throw another log on the fire!

xo
Svetlana Ice Princess

P.S. I saw a wolf.


More wintry wonderland... here.

No comments:

Post a Comment