Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

Word up from the Park Slope slope! My week in New York City is already more than half over. How did that happen so fast? I've been having an epic time, perhaps the best NYC trip ever. Played a great show last night at Caffé Vivaldi and made some new friends. Then ran over to catch the end of  brilliant cellist Brent Arnold's set at The Living Room ... Made it for the last two songs, and the biggest glass of whiskey I ever done seen. Long live the American free pour.

Tonight I head out to Red Hook for the "Urban Cowgirl Cabaret" show at Jalopy with pal Jan Bell! It's such a magical little venue and I've always wanted to play there. Come on out y'all, for a little cowgirl adventure! But don't forget your umbrella. I feel a thunderstorm coming on ....

Giddyup,
              x x
                     La K

Red Wellies save the day!
More Mini Birthday Tour photos here


No comments:

Post a Comment