Tuesday, April 5, 2005

April 5, 2005
Victoria, BC

Back from a supremely fun weekend in Vancouver. Played a show with my good pal Sam Masich and his trio FFM at Sam's Tai Chi studio in Kitsilano. Besides being a brilliant songwriter and great performer Sam is also one of North America's premier Tai Chi Masters! I love playing gigs in all kinds of strange places but I must say, a Tai Chi studio was a new one for me. I also spent a good amount of time kickin' it up at Vancouver's Kino Cafe -a Flamenco bar on Cambie St. I LOVE the Kino Cafe. Not only do they have seriously yummy Sangria there's also live Flamenco nightly with great players and oh-so beautiful dancers (with make-you-drool gorgeous outfits on.) Hmmmm... perhaps I'll have to go to Spain next winter... Until then, I'm just going to seriously enjoy my last week in Victoria and all the adventures soon to come. I'll be heading back across Canada and then to Europe for a bit of a birthday extravaganza. T'will be sad to leave this sacred place (I've gotten attached) but Alas- the wide world calls once more.

Will update soon.

xo
your faithful
me


In the back of Ruby the Van




No comments:

Post a Comment