Monday, September 22, 2003

September 22, 2003
Gid Brown Hollow, VA

Greetings again, from the wet wilds of Virginia. I'm back in the hollow after a truly insane trip down to Nashville and all points in between!! Had a serious blast at the Nashville New Music Conference meeting crazy talented (and rather stylish) folks from all over. Then I headed up to the Bristol area for the Birthplace of Country Music and Carter Family museums. Got to take Maybelle the Van to see where Maybelle Carter (her namsake) was born and it all began... Got back just in time for Hurricane Isabel who ripped through Thursday night leaving us with no power or water for five days now (and no end in sight...) Guess thay can't figure out where the power lines got knocked down so they've been combing the mountains with helicopters all weekend. So I'm livin' it up in ye olden way in the little log cabin in the hills reading books by candlelight and haulin' buckets of water in from the swampy pond to flush the potty. Since the hurricane I've had three gigs in the area (all which thankfully had power for the PA) and I can drive into town to get hot coffee, so I've really got nothin' at all to complain about. Except maybe the little kitten Evilina who keeps catching mice and snakes and giant elephant beetles (and I mean GIANT) that I have to take away from her and then deal with. Ew! (Good thing I'm a brave one.) Will be here for another week of writing retreat and rehearsing and then heading back to Ontario for the fall. (gotta be somewhere with power and cable in time for the season premiere of Angel... Very Important.)
love'n kisses, K


Once upon a time in a little cabin in the holler... more photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment